11 Aug Top 5 Moving Day Tips
The big day has finally arrived! You’ve settled on the perfect home, your items are all boxed up and the rental truck is waiting to be loaded up. Moving can be very stressful, but if you follow these 5 simple moving days tips it can be made easy.
- Create a floor plan – Take the time to sit down before your move and look at the floor plan of the new home you are moving into. Figure out which items go in each room and label your boxes accordingly. It will make things much easier to sort after you’ve settled into the new home.
- Make a list – It’s important to create a list of all of your personal items. Be there during move out and move in to ensure that you have all of your belongings.
- Pack everything – Be sure to pack everything in boxes or bags before moving day. The big day will already be stressful, so you do not want to create more stress on yourself. Have everything boxed up, labeled and ready to go.
- Have snacks ready – Your moving day can take up a better part of the day, so remember to have some snacks and water available throughout the day. It’s important to take breaks and allow yourself to relax.
- Check your home one last time – Double and triple check! Once you have everything moved out go back through and scan your home again. It’s very easy to miss something after packing, but if you double and triple check your items then the chances are reduced.
Your moving day may be stressful and overwhelming, but remember to stay excited and positive. After all, you are moving into a brand new home and what’s better than that?