07 Apr Local Events & Things to Do
Stonegate at Prince Creek have plenty of activities to keep them busy on-site, but there’s also a wealth of things to do and see in the surrounding area. If you are looking to get out and about for a day of exploring, check out these local sites:
* Crazy Sisters Marina: One of the largest marinas in the Carolinas offers lots of fun on the water for active adults. Take a half- or all-day fishing trip to the Gulf Stream or board a boat for a dolphin-watching tour. Capt Dick’s also offers parasailing, canoe and kayak tours, jet-ski and Banana Boat rentals and cruises to the calm inlet waters.
* Golf: Stonegate guests are only a long par-5 from several golf courses, including the award-winning TPC of Myrtle Beach. You can also play Blackmoor, Indigo Creek, Indian Wells, International Club and Wachesaw East, all in the neighborhood. For a Lowcountry golf adventure, play one or all of the courses on the historic Waccamaw Golf Trail.
* Lee’s Farmers Market: Farmers market are great for picking up fresh local produce, but in Murrells Inlet that also means seafood. In fact, this popular shopping spot offers a wide selection of food items you might not find in local grocery stores. Patrons can purchase live lobsters and crabs as well as fresh fish and shrimp, as well as a variety of meats, including steaks and homemade sausages. Pick up a bottle of wine and everything you need to make an excellent meal.
* Murrells Inlet Marshwalk: If you prefer to let someone else do the cooking, look no farther than the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk on the local waterfront. Featuring a dozen restaurants, most specializing in seafood, guests can stroll from place to place or pick out which one strikes your taste buds. All offer great views of sunset and the inlet.
* Murrells Inlet Community Theatre: Catch a live show or get involved in the action by volunteering at this small but thriving theater. Plays planned for this year include “Love Allways,” and “For Better”, and there are several events scheduled that allow locals to take part in the fun.